Tuesday 15 February 2011

The " Jordanian approaches circuit" - Day 5 (cont.)

The "Jordanian approaches circuit" - Day 5

Wadi Rum - Aqaba
The 26th of January 2011

We stopped at some Bedouin tents prior to having lunch (also in a bedouin tent) and the whole experience has been worthwile ...  the indescribable natural beauty ... the silence ... the simple "pleasures" ... the surrendering to the  "imposing"  rocky atmosphere ...




This "atmosphere" gave way to a slightly different one ( ... one of a different kind of silence and imposing veiled beauty) as we reached Aqaba in  the early evening, which still allowed us some free time to walk around the souk,  (fairly close to the hotel we were staying at) ... and that's when I felt the "weight" of the women without  a face  ...

They touched me, as strongly as they had two days before  (or maybe even more) ... at times I felt they  were looking us in the eye ... "following" us with their sad or happy eye expressions ... but could it all be the product of my imagination, I wondered ...

... All we could get a glimpse of  ... were the eyes and  the eye movement ...











The shops were tempting ... but these "imposing" black figures had definately taken over my thoughts ...

... I couldn't stop thinking about them ... (... at times I was "them") and the moment we walked along the beach it was even worse ... 
We shall be "exploring" the city tomorrow, while most of our trip companions go on a boat trip ...

I might be in need of a rest ...







 

No comments:

Post a Comment