Tuesday 9 November 2010

Madrid revisited and re-discovered ...


Madrid
30th October - 1st November 2010

I had been to Madrid several times before and consequently felt that not many things could impress me, possibly based on the fact that I had already visited most of the outstanding buildings, gardens and Museums that the city has to offer ... but the truth is that the weekend I recently spent there with my daughter  has shown me differently.

I don't know if it were the Autumn colours or just the light, but I found a different beauty in Parque del Buen Retiro ...

















In trying to show her Plaza Mayor, I re-discovered its grandeur and the beauty of the Casa de la Panaderia painted murals ...










The  Royal Palace and some of the details of the Neo-Gothic Almudena Cathedral caught my attention again ...













Madrid Revisited ... Madrid re-discovered ...
A unique experience ...











No comments:

Post a Comment