Tuesday 17 August 2010

Solidarity gestures ... (still) or the forthcoming trip to Cape Verde ...



 
 Ivanilda (Left) and Paula (Right)












Ivanilda has got herself a "godmother". Paula has decided to pay for her school fees and has bought her a pink dress I'll be giving her in two weeks. I didn't resist buying her a swim suit as well, as I have decided to take more than just Nessinha to the beach. I think it might be a lot funnier for her if I take a small group of children to play with her on the beach, this being the reason why I have also bought some swim shorts for Eduardo. 



A violet T-shirt, some white pants and a  brown monkey scarf I have bought for Leinira together with a  blue and whiteT-shirt, some  blue shorts and swim shorts I have bought for Eduardo (Left). A pink dress Paula has bought for Ivanilda and a three piece bathing suit I have bought for her (Right).


A  green and whiteT-shirt and a skirt that goes with it, together with  a beach set with bucket, sand moulds and spades I bought for Nessinha, as well as a swim suit Carla has bought for Leidina.


I have been given a huge amount of toys by Cristina (God bless her), for which I can't find space in my baggage  this time but which I am considering  taking  with me next year (at least some of them) or come up with an idea of having them sent, as most of these children have never had any toys with the exception of the ones they make themselves. 

Every gesture is welcome and the truth is the few colleagues and friends who have helped me so far, have already made a difference in these children's lives.








No comments:

Post a Comment