Monday 26 July 2010

Nessinha and the forthcoming "trip" to the beach ...



I can't help wondering what Nessinha's reaction is going to be like when I take her to the beach not far from where she lives with her great grandmother ...

I can already imagine her on the bathing suit Sandra has bought for her ... building
sandcastles or just playing with the beach bucket and spade I have also bought for her ... though... I cannot be that sure...  once some of these children's reactions are not so predictable as the ones we are used to in Europe ...

... I have a feeling she has never been to the beach ...
In fact, most of these small children have never left home or their mothers' backs to go anywhere ... they watch them work from morning to dawn ... they get used to the daily routines and what will be expected of them in a few years (not many) ... at the age of 12 most of them can already take care of a household ...

It may be "wrong" of me to get her "distracted" from what her daily life is ... or may continue being, when I am gone ... but ... so be it ...

... I am going to take her just across the road  ... to "touch" the sand and the sea ...











No comments:

Post a Comment